Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Bite to Eat

I had a pasta dish at noon.

I made it quickly here at home by sauteing some onion slices, some diced eggplant and zucchini in a dab of olive oil, and then adding a can of diced tomatoes (not drained), some salt and pepper, and some Italian seasonings. I boiled some fettecini noodles, put some on a plate and topped it with the vegetable sauce. Very delicious (and very inexpensive!)

My three-year-old granddaughter loved it!

This evening I found I wasn't so hungry. I had munched on almonds and some peach slices mid-afternoon, so for dinner I fixed a snack plate with some crackers, some garlic and artichoke hummus (I buy it at the store ~ lots of flavor varieties), a sliced tomato with basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar sprinkled over it, and a few more peach slices. A small glass of wine and a glass of water accompanied that ~ also a very healthy, inexpensive, EASY meal.

Almonds are a great thing to have around because they provide a quick snack that's healthy, cuts the food cravings, and gives you an energy boost.

No comments: